Saturday, August 8, 2009

My lil J = 3

Between my birthday and lil j's birthday there are 5 days.....


I never thought three years ago, he would come in the way he did. I was pregnant at 36 weeks and we still had not came to a decision on a name. At this time my hubby worked late hours so coming in one morning about 4, I said "We have got to come up with something because we NEVER know what might happen..." We threw around names and Joshua came out..Loved it..and DONE......or so we thought..

The previous night, I was knitting and experiencing some back pain but didn't think much of it really so as hubby was getting settled towards heading to bed, I made a pit stop at the restroom.......

Let's just say #1 didn't stop as quickly as it should of......

HA.....I stood up and you would've thought someone turned on the faucet...Now I never experienced a water break on my own but yea you know when it happens..

So here I am hollering,........and hollering......and hollering....lord only knows where my hubby is and what he's doing...

K comes running in and said "What's the matter"? ..I said hello... I've flooded the floor here, go get your father.................................

Finally, he came and seen what was all the fuss was about.....I said well, Josh decided he was ready when he heard his name...


So mind you, i'm still waiting to drain w/ a towel...trying to get all our stuff together and hubby says "Can I take a quick shower?"....oh ..sure I thought, I'm not going in where..I said you better hope to all goodness I don't start into contractions...we're gonna have issues.....


Moving forward......onto checking in..........I love when you get there and they ask you why your there and you reply.......my water broke........Are you sure they say?...Uh yea, pretty sure, if not that was alot of potty...ALOT...


Progressed well...and here he was....the smallest, precious baby i've ever had. Coming in at 7 pds even. He struggled with his blood sugar so it was debated for him to go to NICU but ended up going to nursery. To this day you can see the little pricks on his heels from where they tested him every hour the first 24 hours..We'd have to have I believe so many good numbers in a row.. and if we had to good sets and then a bad number, we'd start ALL over....

For him coming a month early, he is healthy for the most part...He does seem to get chest congestion colds easy and requires inhalers at those times but other than that..he's okay...He is our smallest kid..My first two came in at 8"13 and 8"12, (talk about PAIN) Holy Guacamoli... and my last girl was 8 even....

...................................................................................

Having told lil J's story...we're switching gears because also this week we are POTTY TRAINING.......WooHoo.......


Anyone that has had two in diapers at the same time.......let me say......you feel like your drowning in the sea of potties & poo's..........


My first two were diaperless at 2 weeks shy of 3.....

Now lil J on the other hand, he has been going okay but becoming diaper free wasn't going so well...

UNTIL NOW.....................................................

I am happy to say Day 3 and we are crusing awesomely.......

Day 1 went great
Day 2 minor accident, going on his own.
Day 3 completely out and done ....crossing fingers...

Our first day I seriously thought we were gonna wear out the carpet going every 30 minutes...The end of the first night he'd say "I'm so tired"...lol..

Bittersweet.....eventhough I'm glad that just one more year and diapers will be a thing of the past..but sad to know no more babies... :(

Now that i've kept you this long, I should tell you my humorous part with my youngest..

lil k is my most patience taker, most awnry, most emotional, most dramatic, child I have .....MOST high maintenence...

As she has seen her brother go potty for a few months now.......she has come to the conclusion.......she can too.....................STANDING UP!!!!!!

Trying to tell a one year and explain she can't stand and potty ...isn't easy.......no matter what i say she'll take her diaper off and stand on her tip toes..just hoping her potty will curve and hit the tiolet..........It's funny on one end but not so much cleaning up her messes......

Surely within the next year she'll transition into sitting ............right?.....or i'll have to get her the female funnel to potty in ...........Can you imagine........I'm not even gonna go there..........

So......I'm off to clean the house up for some cake and ice cream to celebrate my handsome boy turning 3 today!!

Many Hugs & enjoy your weekend...

Stephanie

3 comments:

Momma B said...

I am still amazed at reading the part about a 36 week baby being 7lbs! You are lucky!

Happy Birthday Big Kid!

Seds said...

Can i just say that was a fun night when lil J was born...The kids were all so excited and nervous.. I was worried you wouldnt be making it to the hospital LOL... Im so glad to see hes gotten so big and the potty training...whew...gotta love that!

sunset pines farm said...

Happy Birthday to the little man, and a belated happy birthday to his brave momma!